BackgroundInwood Indiana has been publishing issues since 2010. Each issue features both new and established writers. We consider publishing all forms of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction under 5000 words.
It's still free to submit!Many excellent journals charge fees for either online or offline submissions (or both). We all understand those funds are needed to send contributors a copy, or otherwise generate income. More than 70% of journals today do not pay anything. These types of practices are understandable, but frustrating to writers.
Fortunately, Inwood Indiana submissions are still free.
Publication RewardsAll journals have some financial strategy to stay afloat, and those decisions are often difficult trade-offs.
What are our trade-offs?
By submitting, you are acknowledging these terms.
1. Your work has not been previously printed elsewhere. You maintain all future-use rights to your work.
2. You affirm your submission is your own creation and no part of your submission is in the public domain.
3. You may submit up to 5 times each issue.
4. You may withdraw any "pending" submission prior to acceptance by logging into the submission manager (just click "withdraw"). Once accepted, you will need to contact us to withdraw a submission.
* Small Towns
* Eerie / Spooky
We prefer submissions using our submission manager. However, we still accept submissions by mail.To submit by mail, follow these directions:
* Include up to 5 submissions on separate sheets without contact info.
* Submissions spanning multiple pages should be collated and stapled together.
* Include your contact info on a cover page with your bio.
* Include a SASE for notices - or your email address.
* Submissions will not be returned without sufficient postage.
Three Line Poetry | Haiku Journal | Poetry Quarterly | Jitter | Dual Coast Magazine | Tanka Journal | 50 Haikus